Monday, October 31, 2011

A Little Halloween Housekeeping




This is just a quick mini-post since I will be blogging for Alex Cavanaugh’s Insecure Writer’s Support Group on Wednesday.  Today I'm doing a little housekeeping.

First off, Laura Barnes over at Laura B Writer has graciously critiqued my blog this morning.  She’s a marketing consultant with loads of experience in writing, as well.  She was very complimentary and had some great suggestions on how to improve my blog.  Some I will definitely do.  Others I haven’t a clue on how to fix so I’m not sure what I’ll do.  But overall, Laura has been very helpful.  She does these critiques for free so contact her if you want any feedback on your blog.

Second, I’ve been very fortunate to receive a couple of blogger awards in the last two weeks. 

The first one is the Friendly Blogger Award from Gary & Penny over at Klahanie.  Thanks, Gary!  This is a new one for me.  Go check out Gary’s blog.  It’s both beautiful and inspiring.   


 

The second is the Liebster Award from Rebecca Kiel.  This is an award given to up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers.  While I have received this award before, I still want to thank Rebecca for considering me.  I feel quite privileged!  Last time I received this award I think I had like 40 followers.  Now I have a combined 164 through Blogger and NetworkedBlogs so you can see it really works!  

In response to these illustrious honors, I will quickly list a few blogs I believe worthy of your attention:





Happy Halloween everybody!

12 comments:

Cassie Mae said...

That's awesome! Congrats on the awards :)

Lisa Regan said...

Very cool. I'll check out those other sites (I'm already a follower of Carrie's blog).

Al Penwasser said...

Congratulations!
It goes without saying that you're (as they say in New England) "wicked" friendly!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations and I read her critique earlier. I like the simplicity of your blog. I know immediately that it belongs to you the second I see the purple.
And if she ever gets a hold of my blog, I'm in trouble...

Luanne G. Smith said...

Congrats on more awards. Some of the suggestions from a marketing point of view really make sense, like putting contact info on a separate page. I might do that to my blog too.

Happy Halloween.

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

You're a winner, Nancy! Congrats.

Carrie Butler said...

Congratulations on your awards, Nancy! Thank you so much for mentioning me. I really appreciate it! :)

LynNerdKelley said...

Happy Halloween, Nancy! Congrats on the awards. That's really cool that you got some free advice for your blog. Can't wait to see what changes you make!

Laila Knight said...

Happy Halloween! Congrats on the awards! I had no idea there were blog critiquers. My goodness. What will they come up with next? :)

Jennifer Hillier said...

I'm late! Happy Halloween!

Congrats on the awards! Well deserved, my friend.

Melodie Wright said...

Great tip about Laura. *mental note to contact her* And congrats on your awards!

Al Penwasser said...

Actually, you need to tell that ugly green broad with the warts on her nose to get back to work.
Frogs don't turn into princes on their own, you know.