I’ll be posting this Wednesday for Alex J. Cavanaugh’s Insecure Writers Support Group, so for today—which is my normal blog day—I just want to tip my hat to a few fellow bloggers who honored me with an award or included me in a meme.
First, CPs and writing buds, Tara Rendall at More Than Fiction and Lisa Regan have both bestowed me with the Fabulous Blog Ribbon. For this one, I'm supposed to name 5 of my most fabulous moments, 5 things I love and 5 things I hate and then pass this along to 5 fabulous bloggers.
5 Fabulous Moments:
- The day my daughter, Julia, was born – September 23, 1984
- The day I was reunited with the love of my life, now my husband, after a devastating breakup – May 11, 1985. We’ve been together ever since
- The day I married Eric – March 24, 1990
- The day my son, Brandon, was born – October 18, 1994
- The day I was offered a publishing contract – March 11, 2012
5 Things I Love:
My family, friends, and pets
5 Things I Hate:
Chores: shopping, doing my nails & coloring my hair
5 Fabulous Bloggers (who haven’t yet received this award):
My pub sister and critique partner, Carrie Butler at So You’re a Writer, has tagged me for the Be Inspired Bloghop Meme. I have to answer the following questions then tag five people.
- What is the name of your book?
- Where did the idea for your book come from?
From a song: Hurricane by 30 Seconds To Mars
- In what genre would you classify your book?
- If you had to pick actors to play your characters in a movie rendition, who would you choose?
I covered this topic in the Casting Call Character Bloghop on October 25, 2011.
- Give us a one-sentence synopsis of your book.
Devastated by the death of his pregnant wife, Tyler Karras impulsively exacts revenge against the stranger responsible, but when he mistakenly targets the wrong woman, he must risk his own life and that of his brother to set things right and protect her from the enemy he’s unleashed.
- Is your book already published?
The Mistaken is due for release on:
- How long did it take you to write your book?
It took me three months to write and well over a year to polish.
- What other books within your genre would you compare it to? Or, readers of which books would enjoy yours?
Since The Mistaken is a psychological thriller, I think readers who dig Greg Iles or John Hart would enjoy my book.
- Which authors inspired you to write this book?
No author inspired me to write The Mistaken; just the song.
- Tell us anything that might pique our interest in your book.
It’s a multi-layered story about good guys tangled up with organized crime, revenge and forgiveness, loss and regret, love and hope.
Consider the five bloggers I listed above also tagged!
And lastly, the wonderful Hope Roberson at Writing With Hope has given me the 7x7 Link Award. Though I covered this award in a post last September 5th, I think I can probably update it:
My most beautiful post: How Do You Let Go?
My most helpful post: 2012 A to Z Challenge (What I’ve learned about writing)
My most popular post: Casting Call Character Bloghop
My most controversial post: Jealousy Among Writers
My most surprisingly successful post: When a Character Does the Unforgivable
My most underrated post: Finding My Book’s Theme: Forgiveness
My most pride-worthy post: How I Was Saved
A lot of bloggers have already done this one and don’t wish to repeat it, so I’m not going to tag anyone specific, but I invite everyone and anyone who hasn’t participated yet to compile their own list. Consider yourself tagged!
See you again on Wednesday for the IWSG!