Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Hey You, Over Here, Look At Me!


            I’ve been crazy busy for the last week and am waaaay behind in my blogging duties, both in reading and in writing, but it hasn’t been from a lack of desire.  I’ve actually been quite anxious to make today’s post since I was nominated for The Liebster Blog Award by not one follower, but by three!    

  
The first came in last Friday by the lovely L.G. Smith over at Bards and Prophets, a delightful blog I’ve been following for quite some time now.  The second nod came on Saturday from my new friend, Robin Weeks, a talented writer I met during last month’s Gearin’Up To Get an Agent Blogfest.  She critiqued my query and I was BLOWN AWAY by her skills!  And the last one was from one of my newest followers, Jessie Humphries over at  B-Word
The goal of the award is to spotlight up and coming bloggers who currently have less than 200 followers. 

The rules of the award are:

1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
2. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
4. Have faith that your followers will spread the love to other bloggers.
5. And most of all - have bloggity-blog fun!

            I love the idea of this award because it’s supposed to increase the traffic on your blog and hopefully garner more followers.  So here are my nominations for The Liebster Blog Award:

Lisa L. Regan – I have countless reasons to nominate Lisa.  She’s my best friend and writing soul mate, the best critique partner anyone could ever want, and she’s written two fantastic books, both out on submission with all the major publishers.  This girl is crazy talented.  And she is brand-spanking new to Blogger, so she could use your support.  Do yourself a favor and check out her blog.

Al Penwasser – I don’t know Al well personally, but his blog is one of the funniest ones out there.  I visit Al when I need a good laugh and smack upside the head to make me take life a little less seriously.  His insights are both touching and hilarious.  So if you ever need cheering up, go see Al. 

Laila Knight  - Laila, one of my earliest followers, is a precious jewel.  She’s a talented writer, she’s funny, quirky and posts everyday.  Yes, everyday!  I don’t know how she does it, but everyday she offers her unique perspective on new topics, mostly about writing and sometimes about sexy loves scenes.  Very steamy.  Very hot!  That’s my Laila!

 Lora Rivera  - I haven’t known Lora for very long.  She’s another terrific writer I met during my last blogfest.  Her blog is filled with all things writing which I love, love, love.  Mostly, I admire her talent.  She was one of my finalists as a judge in last month’s blogfest.  The first 200 words of her novel were incredible and I just wanted to keep reading.

 Jeff King  - I love Jeff’s blog because I can exactly relate to where he is in his writing career and all the questions and turmoil he experiences as he journeys toward publication.  And he is one of those followers who truly follows and comments on my inane posts.  He is every blogger’s dream follower, so do your self a favor and follow him.

And for an Honorable Mention:  Tara  at Much Ado About Writing - I love this girlie.  I met her through Rachelle Gardner's blog some months ago and she's become quite a good friend to me.  Now, she doesn't post very often, but I love reading when she does post, and I think if she had more followers, she'd feel compelled to grace us with her wisdom.  So please, head on over to Tara's and follow, if for no other reason than I'd like for her to write more often.

19 comments:

Lisa Regan said...

Yay! Thank you so much! I have to do a post spreading the love on my own blog.

Laila Knight said...

Thank you, Nancy. I'm going to follow every single person, really. :) I've also got more steamy stuff coming your way when you're ready for it. I will be passing on my liebster on Thursday. Take care everyone. ...^-^...

Luanne G. Smith said...

Congrats. Three Liebsters in one week. A record!

I too am shocked by anyone who can post every day. I did the A to Z challenge in April and it just about wore me out posting six days a week. All I did for a month was worry about the blog, LOL.

Unknown said...

Wow! Nancy, I'm so honored by your nomination and kind words, and look forward to getting to know you better. Thank you!

Congrats, Lisa, Al, Laila, and Jeff!

So... *blushing* does this mean I wait to find out if I'm awarded the Liebster? I'm really sort of new to the blog-o-sphere, despite my participation last month in Deana's wonderful blogfest. I'd love to do a post and nominate a few awesome new bloggers :)

Nancy Thompson said...

Yes and no, Lora. It's all rather tongue-in-cheek as there is no actual award. It's primarily just a nod so others will take notice of those you've nominated.

And the the point is for YOU to do the same.

Follow the instructions, post the award on your blog and pass it along to others with less than 200 followers whose blogs you think should be noticed.

Heidi said...

Thanks for coming over! Look at you, getting three Liebsters. It's because you're awesome.

Your blog looks like it'll provide good reading. I look forward to it!

Jeff King said...

Thx for the award and the kind words… I’ll link back to you on my next post.

Even though I don’t think my blog helps anyone but me, I say thanks again; it does mean a lot to hear it and I matter.

I always endeavor to give an honest opinion; the validity lies with the reader.

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

If this is a duplicate, please forgive. Something strange happened when I clicked post. So here I am again saying Bravo. Congratulations. A very well deserved award, indeed.

Peggy Eddleman said...

Nice! Three awards! Congrats!

Cynthia Chapman Willis said...

Three awards! Congratulations! Now I'm off to check out the blogs I'm not familiar with yet. Thanks!

Jenna Blake Morris said...

Congrats on getting the award! Now I'll go check out the blogs you passed it on to.

unikorna said...

Lovely initiative and it does bring bloggers closer, it is a very nice pat on the back for us rookies :). Kisses.

Anonymous said...

Congratulation!!! Wow, look at you go! Well deserved awards.

Laila Knight said...

Hey you, good morning. :) When you have a chance tomorrow, Friday, do stop by. Taryn panty tagged me, and I graciously passed it on to you. Have a great day!

Al Penwasser said...

Thanks, Nancy! I'll be getting on this as soon as possible. I'm really touched, although not in a running-down-the-street-with-my-pants-off-while-wearing-a-tin-hat-and-screaming-that-the squirrels-are-after-me-kinda-way (I'm saving that for the weekend).

Jennifer Hillier said...

Hey, I missed this post! Congrats on the award! Well-deserved. :)

amy kennedy said...

Nancy, you deserve it! I thought I was a follower of your blog -- shot overr here today and realized I'm not. Glad I was checking you out today.

Tara said...

You totally deserve the award b/c you are the awesome! ;-)

Thank you for the honorable mention, it means a lot! Sorry it took me awhile to reply to it...the first few days of school are crazy (I'm sure you know how it is).

Golden Eagle said...

Congratulations on the award! :)