One of my dearest and earliest followers, Laila Knight, over at the Untroubled Kingdom of Laila Knight, has thrown me a…uh…challenge, of sorts. Apparently, it’s Meme Week in the blogosphere. Well, not only did I not know this, I didn’t even know what a meme was. I had to ask my sixteen-year-old son. He said it’s something that people do, a behavior, that’s passed from person to person. Yeah, okay, that’s clear as mud, but whatever. I’m an elder idiot, so I’ll just follow the rules and answer the questions, and boy, are they doozies. Here we go:
1. What do you call your panties / underwear / undergarments? Do you have any commonly used nicknames for them?
Do people really have nicknames for their underwear? Well, that’s what I call mine, underwear. And I must say that I’ve always hated that word “panties.” Eeesh. It’s just so creepy. Weird, I know. I couldn’t even use the term in my book. I used undergarments since it was spoken by a man.
2. Have you ever had that supposedly common dream of being in a crowded place in only your underwear?
No, not in my underwear. For whatever reason, I’m almost always buck nekkid. And, you know what? I don’t really seem to give a damn. So what the heck does that say about me?
3. What is the worst thing you can think of to make panties out of?
Red meat. Have you seen any of those Lady Gaga outfits? Yeah, she wears red meat. So gross!
4. If you were a pair of panties, what color would you be, and WHY?
Oh, that’s easy. Black! It’s such a sexy, sultry color and makes me look thinner. And that’s always a very good thing!
5. Have you ever thrown your panties/underwear at a rock star or other celebrity? If so, which one(s)? If not, which one(s) WOULD you throw your panties/underwear at, given the opportunity?
I’ve never understood why women do this. Why would a man you did not know want your underwear? And why would you want a strange man to have your underwear? Again, that’s kind of gross. Besides, at my age, after bearing two children naturally…uh…yeah…nobody would want my underwear. Even I don’t want them. Blech!
6. You’re out of clean panties. What do you do?
Well, I have OCD so I’d never be out of clean underwear, but if I were, I’d be sticking those little pads all over my pants.
7. Are you old enough to remember Underoos? If so, did you have any? Which ones?
I’m old enough to remember just about everything, so yes, but I thought those were mostly for boys. Anyway, my mother never would have bought something like that for me. I was Catholic, for Christ’s sake.
8. If you could have any message printed on your panties, what would it be?
Oh, God, I could be really bad here, but I’ll be tame and say “Just Do It”
9. How many bloggers does it take to put panties on a goat?
(God, who thinks up this stuff?) Well, my answer would be 153. That’s one to write the instructions, one to critique, another to query, and 150 to reject.
So now I guess I it’s my turn to pass along the torch. Normally, the first people I would tag would be Lisa Regan and Bryce Daniels, but they’ve already received the honor from the other person I’d normally tag, Laila Knight, so I’m going out on a limb and selecting a few of my other followers because reading about their personal panty preferences will certainly help me get to know them better.
- Al Penwasser at Penwasser’s Place because he’s already the funniest guy I know so I can’t wait to read what his witty responses will be. Plus, he went above and beyond when he posted about receiving the Liebster Blog Award from me. If you want to laugh, go check out Al.
- Tara Rendall at More Than Fiction because she and I have become good friends and good friends always embarrass each other.
- Alex J. Cavanaugh at Alex J. Cavanaugh because he’s so cool and hip and smart and is always there for me.
- Donna K. Weaver at Weaving a Tale or Two because, like Alex, she’s always there for me and I really want to get to know her…uh…panties (ugh) a little better.
There is one more I’d love to hear from. She’s my new friend, Jenny Hillier at Jennifer Hillier, The Serial Killer Files. I’m almost afraid to ask because she’s a real life, bonafide published author and has to protect her image. But she’s also witty and funny, so I’d love to see what she comes up with.
So, my friends, here’s your chance to unbunch those panties (ugh again) and have a little fun.