Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Is It Getting Hot In Here? Bloghop


Today is Hope Roberson’s “Is It Getting Hot In Here?” Bloghop.  This is my third party since Friday and I’m getting pooped, but I thought this would be a nice way to celebrate Valentine’s Day, especially since this little bit of romance is about as hot as it’ll get for me today.  I don’t read many books with romance, kissing, or even sex scenes, so I picked the very last scene from my own novel, The Mistaken.  This is the only kissing scene I have without sex, so I thought it'd be safe.  This scene is where the two main characters, Tyler and Hannah, who haven’t seen each other for nearly a year, are finally reunited.  It’s a little cheesy, but it works in the grand scheme of things.  Sorry it’s a little over the 300 word suggested limit, but you can’t hurry love…

He bent closer and whispered.  “Forgive me, Hannah, please.  I can’t take back what I’ve done, but I can spend forever making up for it, if you’d just give me the chance.”  He paused and kissed me softly.  “Tell me you feel me there, Hannah, in your heart.  Please tell me you feel the same way,” he begged with his hand still resting gently against my chest.
I nodded as I gazed into his beautiful blue eyes.  “Yes, Ty.  I’ve felt you there every second of every day, and it...it hurt so bad knowing that I’d never see or talk to you again.  I’ve missed you so much.  And now that you’re here, I don’t think I could take it if you left me again.”
Ty crushed me in his arms like he couldn’t hold me tight enough, like he was trying to step right into my skin along with me.  I buried my face in his shoulder and cried, breathing deeply of the scent I could never seem to get out of my mind, thinking that the moment was better than any I had ever imagined.  And I had imagined it at least a thousand times.  I felt his shoulders quake as he cried the first happy tears I’d ever seen him shed. 
We held each other for a very long time, each afraid of ending the moment.  Finally, Ty pulled back and put his hands on my face, holding me still as he leaned in and pressed his lips against mine.  His kiss increased in urgency and depth as we each laid claim to the other.  The moment so tender and intimate, it embarrassed a couple of hikers as they passed us on the trail.
“Get a room!” one of them snickered as the other giggled.
We looked each other in the eye and held each other’s gaze without a word until Ty smiled and said, “You know, that’s a pretty good idea.”
I laughed.  “Yes.  It’s a very good idea.  Let’s go.”  I pulled back and took a step away from Ty then turned back and raised my hand out to him.  “Coming?” I asked. 
He took my hand in his and kissed it once more.  “You couldn’t keep me away!” he answered with a wide grin that reached his eyes, crinkling them at the corners like small suns brightening the world. 
He held my hand as we moved slowly down the sun-dappled trail, disappearing together into the lush green forest of pine and fern.  

This post is dedicated to my best friend who is finally tying the knot today!


Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!

49 comments:

StratPlayerCJF said...

Very nice scene, Nancy -- I enjoyed it.

And a very Happy Valentine's Day to you, too!

Juliana said...

Great scene ;)
And congrats to your friend!

Stina said...

Well that was a steamy tribune to your friend. Great job! :D

Jasmine Walt said...

I loooove mushy scenes, especially if they can bring a tear to my eye! Great scene, Nancy. Happy V Day! <3

Unknown said...

Ooh, a lovely scene! I liked it!

Author A.O. Peart said...

Oh, young love - such a fabulous scene, Nancy.

Congrats to your best friend on her wedding!

Kyra Lennon said...

Aww, that was really nicely written!

Emily R. King said...

Cheesy is good. : )

Kelley Lynn said...

Congrats to your best friend!! How exciting!!! I really enjoyed this too. Well done!

Peggy Eddleman said...

I love that they didn't want to end the moment. :)

What a great day to tie the knot! I love it!

Angela Cothran said...

"You couldn't keep me away" -- LOVE that line :)

Cortney Pearson said...

Lol, "You know, that's a pretty good idea." Loved it! Great scene!! :)

Theresa said...

I love cheesy :) Favorite line:“You couldn’t keep me away!” he answered with a wide grin that reached his eyes, crinkling them at the corners like small suns brightening the world." Love it! And Congrats to your best friend!
New follower *waves*

Clare said...

Aww, this was both sweet and hot. Very well done.

Bonnie said...

I also loved the "You know, that's a pretty good idea."

Great stuff!

Morgan said...

You have a nice flow to your writing, it's great ;) And fun scene! Thanks for sharing. New follower here... thanks also for your kind comment and follow! :D

Donna K. Weaver said...

Awww. Lovely imagery there. Now I want to feel all the angst that led up to that moment. lol

A.J. Locke said...

aww this was so tender and beautiful, really captured the emotion well!

Hope Roberson said...

I loved it! So steamy and so emotional, my heart fluttered! Congrats to your friend and happy Valentine's day :)

Deana said...

Woohoo! Some major foreshadowing of some hot and heavy things to come:) I like it!

Anonymous said...

Oh, well done! Love the blog hop title, too:) ~Happy Valentine's Day:):)

Unknown said...

That was beautiful. Thanks for the follow.

Unknown said...

Awe... you dedicated it to your friend getting married today. I love that! I enjoyed reading more from The Mistaken. I read the query and excerpt from Cupids Contest. Great Job and good luck :)

David P. King said...

I swear I've seen that ending picture three times today. Great minds must think alike, right? I enjoyed your contribution to the hop. It was hot! :)

M Pax said...

Froth with emotion. Very nice. Thanks for sharing your work, Nancy. Happy Valentines!

writing and living by Richard P Hughes said...

They 'each laid claim to the other' is a different way of saying it. Very nice scene.

Shell Flower said...

I like your dedication, yay to your friend. Great kiss scene, too. I loved the "get a room" part.

Kittie Howard said...

Beautiful scene, Nancy. I agree with Richard above - They 'each laid claim to the other ' is pure genius! Happy Valentine's Day!

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

Ah, made me teary. Which despite rumours is hard to do. Oh, and i love cheese.

Tracy MacDonald said...

Laying claim to each other... I love it!

alexia said...

Great excerpt!

Leigh Covington said...

First off... you made my day, but dealing with the fickle google follower long enough to follow me! I am most definitely following you back! :)

And I love this scene. WOW! So perfect. Tender and hot and sexy all at once.

El said...

WOW!! I feel so teased, I want to read more!!! What a great scene! I look forward to following you :)

Lara Schiffbauer said...

I like that they weren't bothered by the hikers being all rude! It's a great love scene, not just steamy (althought there's plenty of that, too)!

dolorah said...

Not cheesy; its nostalgic. Reunions can be cathartic.

........dhole

JeffO said...

Great job, Nancy, a fitting end for the story, a nice reward for the hell those two people have been through.

I know how you feel about the blogging burnout, btw. I've only done one (Origins) and I feel like my eyes are about to fall out of my head.

Trisha said...

Aww, what a sweet scene - I love it when long-separated lovers are reunited!!

Leigh Covington said...

Hi again! Just wanted you to know that I tagged you in a post today, if you want to play along! :)

Tyrean Martinson said...

Wonderful! Loved how his eyes crinkled like suns lighting up the world . . .sweet!

Shelley Sly said...

Hi, new follower here. :) This scene is so sweet! I'm a sucker for reunited loves.

Jennifer Hillier said...

Happy Valentine's Day! That's the perfect scene. Well done! :)

Anonymous said...

Big congrats to your friend! Great scene and not cheesy at all!

Lisa Regan said...

If only my wedding night had been that steamy . . . hah hah hah. Thanks for dedicating this to me, I really, really appreciate it! That was so sweet and such an awesome surprise! And as you know this is one of my very favorite scenes in the whole book. Love it and love you!!!!

Anonymous said...

That was very romantic, and probably many a woman's dream. ;)

Cassie Mae said...

Super adorable! I loved this. I really like it when guys cry. That just melts me.

And congrats to your friend! Wahoo!

Cortney Pearson said...

BTW--you've been TAGGED!! Come check out my blog for details! :D
http://cortneypearson.blogspot.com/2012/02/tagged.html

LynNerdKelley said...

I love this line, "he answered with a wide grin that reached his eyes, crinkling them at the corners like small suns brightening the world." How cool that you dedicated this post to your best friend on her wedding day. Congrats to your best friend!

Unknown said...

I love your blog! Thanks for stopping by mine for the Origins blogfest! New follower :)

Laura said...

Gorgeous - absolutely perfect.
Lx